Thursday, February 4, 2010

An excerpt from "Eating The Dinosaur"

Here is another excerpt from Chuck Klosterman's "Eating The Dinosaur"...

"Sometimes it's hard to tell if things that happened in your life only happened to you or if they happened to everyone. Every formative incident feels normal to the child who expiriences it, so sometimes it takes twenty five or thirty years to realize a particular event was singularly bizzare. For example, it took me a long time recognize that being institutionally taught to dislike disco in my second grade social studies class was deeply weird-unless, of course, this was a totally normal thing that happened to everybody in America who was born in 1972 and attended a public elementary school. I still can't tell."

What is everyone's moment like this? I'm still thinking about what mine may be. I'll post it when I think of it. In the meantime, post yours in the comments section. 

No comments:

Post a Comment